Negara Brunei Darussalam is a small nation in South- Earth Asia. Todays, more and more individuals and companies want their trademark to be protected. In here, trademark means “any perceptible sign capable of being represented graphically which is capable of distinguishing goods or services of one undertaking from those of other undertakings. A trade mark may, in particular, consist of words (including personal names), designs, letters, numerals, or the shape of goods or their packaging.” And now, since 2017, Brunei can accept registrations for non-traditional marks: smell, sound and taste. So, how to register your trademark in Brunei? A&S Law shall consult you about that procedure as follow:
– Application for trademark registration (Form TM22 for Foreign Applicants)
– Representation of the proposed trademark
– covering letter
And don’t forget prescribed fee because “a trademark shall not be registered unless any fee prescribed for the registration is paid within the prescribed period.”
Intellectual Property Office (BruiIPo) will send a notice with particulars of the trade mark and filing date.
– Formalities Examination: The trademark will be examined to sure that it has no deficiency.
– Substances Examination: The trademark will be checked if it has distinction with other trademark or not.
– Then, after the application approved, Trademark Office will publish it in Trade Mark Journal for 3 months.
– When all above processes have finished, the holder will be granting Certificate. Now, they can use, license their trademark for anyone without any anxiety that someone can violate their trademark
Time fame registering successfully a trademark may be approximately 12 months.
– With associates and a long term relationship in more than 62 countries, A&S LAW is providing the trademark services in international scope. Local and international clients prefer using the services of A&S LAW since with only one instruction and one main contact address, they can successfully register their trademark in Brunei.
– The law firm’s lawyers may speak English, French, Japan, and Chinese.
This essay above gives you information and procedure for Trademark Registration in Brunei for reference. In case, the clients have any queries, please contact with A&S Law to be consulted.
In recent years, due to the friendship and multifaceted cooperation between Vietnam and Australia, the number of enterprises established and trademarks registered in Australia has been increasing so much. In Australia, trademark could be not only like letters, words, drawings, […]
In recent years, in order to strengthen the friendship and multifaceted cooperation between Vietnam and the Republic of Austria, especially in economic field, Vietnamese enterprises are increasingly expanding their market to Austria. And one of their biggest cares is information […]
Russia is the largest country, as well as one of the most developed economies in the world. In recent years, the number of enterprises in Viet Nam which enter into Russia market has been increasing rapidly. And one of their […]
India is the one of the largest economy in the world, and is on the way to become the leading country in respect of customer services and technical support services for global companies. In recent years, a lot of Vietnamese […]
Trademark registration through the Madrid Agreement shall be carried out at WIPO (World intellectual property organization); it is a form of international trademark registration applied to states which are parties to the Madrid Agreement. When registering the trademark through […]
Immediate contact with A & S to get quality advice, value and reasonable cost
Your concern is also our concern